.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Eating and Stuff

I don't eat out a lot anymore, but I do know that eating in Conroe can either be boring or even worse, boring.

There have never been what I would call great dining places in my hometown, but there have been a few decent ones. The bad news is that all of them have closed over the years. Seems like if it isn't deep fried and dipped in something, people around here won't eat it.

One place that I have found tasty is the Baytown Seafood Restaraunt on Frazier. Good food (fried mainly, but what ever), good prices, and good portions. The menu and atmosphere are not fancy, but it works for me.

Which brings me to a project. I will prowl around the town and see what I can nail down as decent dining opportunities. Then I will come back and post it here. Places to dine in Conroe.

Of course the dreaded south county offers a great many eating establishments, but I won't deal with that here. I will lurk around my town and see just who has what to eat and if it is any good.

Stay tuned.

Comments:
Hi, I mentioned to Matthew that I had lived in Conroe and he sent me your way. I was there from 1982 to 1985. Had lots of fun there as those were the years I was out drinking and dancing (before marriage and children)
 
McKenzies is the best barbeque in town. Old timers will remember "The Feedstore" (I think luthers runs the building now), but that was a long time ago.

I am going to try and get something interesting done for eats this weekened.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?