.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 21, 2005

The King Comes to Conroe


This is Travis Intermediate School in Conroe.

It houses 5th and 6th grade today, but way back in my days it was a Junior High, 7th and 8th grade. It was an old building then and it is even older now. After a little checking I found that it is 80 years old. For Conroe, that is a miracle that it is even still standing.

Before my time, it was Conroe High School. The only really cool thing about this place is that I went there once upon a time and on August 24, 1955, Elvis Presley played a concert on the football field here.

The very same place that I watched 7th and 8th grade friends play football was where the King had sung his songs in my favorite little Texas town. Not much of a story, but just a strange fact.

I imagine that it was a bit more exciting then than it is now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?